Consider Joining our Growing Team
Project Manager / Support Specialist, Committed to Sustainability
Incorporated in 2000, Green River is a custom web application development firm with a strong engineering focus, dedicated to social equity and environmental protection. We are a team of software engineers with two project managers, two user experience designers, and a graphic designer. Our current clients include Starbucks, US Green Building Council, Scholastic, The University of Virginia, the City of Boston, and many others. We are located in scenic southern Vermont and have remote staff around the country.
Green River project manager / support specialists work with our clients to facilitate information-sharing and decision-making; elicit customer and software needs, and help our team navigate scope, timeline and budget constraints. We are transparent with our clients—you should take this on wholeheartedly, and like the rest of us, care deeply about our clients’ success. You need to be knowledgeable about the process for developing web applications, and adept at project management tools that support Agile processes. You should love and enforce structure, yet be thoughtful, adaptable, and non-evangelical in your approach. We look for team members who believe in working to make the world a better place, yet bring a grounded professionalism appropriate to our clients and the scale of our projects.
We’re looking for a team member who will:
- Be a positive team member
- Facilitate discovery sessions with the client to gather and document requirements
- Document scope, effort and priority of each deliverable for the client
- Incorporate UX/Design and engineering into the discovery process
- Participate in creating a development plan and reviewing the plan with the client
- Enter each deliverable in our internal work tracking system and ensure it has sufficient detail that it may be assigned to a member of the development team with a clear understanding of scope and effort
- Organize deliverables into software releases in support of the development plan
- Track and communicate progress on software releases with the client
- Alert clients when deliverables in the development plan cannot meet schedule, scope, or cost constraints, and propose changes to the plan to correct such discrepancies
- Participate in the testing of all software releases to ensure client expectations are met with respect to designs and specifications
- Gather and document feedback from the review of deliverables by the client and discuss how best to include the feedback into the development plan
- Software user support and testing
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years project management or analyst experience in agile-ish software development environment
- Strong understanding of web application development
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical people
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, facilitation, and follow-through skills
- Demonstrated use of project management techniques and tools
- Comfort with change
Some things people love about working at Green River:
- Creative team who value a workplace where you can learn and laugh
- Long-term relationships with smart, engaged clients
We offer a competitive salary, 100% health insurance coverage, 5 weeks paid time off, and retirement benefits.
Please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Green River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with our beliefs and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Green River will not discriminate against employees or clients based on race, creed, color, ethnic origin, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or disability.
Get in Touch
167 Main Street, Suite 103
Brattleboro, VT 05301